Peace. Love. Nourishment.
Flower Child is the start of a revolution. And that revolution began with this Tao.
Flower Child. The journey to food enlightenment starts here.
It starts with Flower Child’s fundamental promise to serve happy food for a healthy world. Everything has a purpose.
It means we work with ranchers who respect, protect and love their animals – and our food supply. Our proteins are all raised naturally, without additives.
Our organic produce is guided by the wisdom of the Environmental Working Group.
This journey often leads us home. Local sourcing is a priority. We know our farmers and their families.
Our food is always cooked fresh. And served quickly. We’re fast. But we never cut corners. You can taste it.
Flower Child simply serves happy food for a healthy world in a 3,300-square-foot restaurant inspired by an East Coast potting shed tucked into the northwest corner of 44th Street and Camelback. Sam Fox and his chef, Clint Woods, have created a menu of simple, quality ingredients that are responsibly grown and humanely raised.
Flower Child blooms on every level – inspired flavors, rich nutrients and quick preparation in an environment that feels more like a buzzing farmers’ market than a fast-casual restaurant. The dining room is warm and bright with a gorgeous open kitchen that buzzes with activity. The big windows let the natural light spill over your shoulders and the patio beckons a breeze and a sunset.
It’s healthy to-go food served for your office meeting or dinner for the family. It’s a meal for one that makes you feel good. It’s the first restaurant in the Valley with kombucha on tap. It’s dozens of varieties of tea. It’s a glass of organic wine or beer from the tap. It’s house-made wraps that focus more on whole grains, flax and chia seeds and less on gluten.
It’s a fully-customizable, endless-combination menu. It’s a restaurant free of refined sugar. It’s a dessert menu that tips its hat to the dairy- and gluten-free dietary requirements. It’s a kids menu that gives mom and dad a gold star. It’s earth-friendly, biodegradable packaging.
It’s delicious. And it comes down to this: Doing what’s right matters most. We’re doing what’s right with the food we’re serving to you every day and how fast we can get it to you. And that’s a revolution.
The Flower Child menu combines time-tested favorites with adventurous new additions. It’s inspired from healthy meals and flavors from around the world but locally grown. The menu is:
· Full of flavors from around the world. We have sourced some of the cleanest ingredients from super healthy regions and created our own revolutionary dishes. Expect to taste actual ingredients since we skip additives.
· Gluten-light: Meaning, we have many gluten-free options, in fact, most of the menu is gluten-free but due to seasonality gluten status may change. Ask a Flower Child for details.
· Vegan and Vegetarian friendly. We have many options for our vegan and vegetarian guests and most items can be made to satisfy these diets.
But more specifically, the menu is guided by unbreakable promises to our guests. And that, too, is pretty revolutionary.
Flower Child Promises
1. Our proteins are all naturally raised, without additives. We do business with ranchers who respect, protect and love their animals – and our food supply.
a. Our chicken: Red Bird Chicken is a regional farm in Colorado, raising vegetarian-fed chickens without any antibiotics.
b. Our salmon: Steelhead Salmon is sustainably raised with a small carbon footprint (raised in the Columbia River).
c. Our beef: Estancia Grass-fed Beef is free-range and 100% grass fed and follows non-GMO principals.
d. Our tofu is certified organic and non-GMO.
2. Our organic produce follows the nation’s top standards. Look, we could find less expensive produce. But we won’t trade quality for cost. We follow the Environmental Working Group’s guidelines and source non-GMO, pesticide-free produce.
3. We love local. We promise that local sourcing is a priority. Currently, we source from:
· Duncan Family Farms
· Chris Bianco and DiNapoli tomatoes
· McClendon Farms
· Gina’s – Cheese
We also support local beyond our menu.
· Pearson & Company (Scottsdale) – plants and flowers
· Greenleaf Wholesale Florists (Phoenix) – daisies
· Kurt Schlaefer (Tucson) – floor artist
· Passport Teas (Scottsdale) – all of our iced teas are blended locally
4. We are fresh AND fast. Two revolutionary qualities when talking about food. Our food will be cooked fresh. And served to you quickly. Every day, our hands make:
a. our breads, pita and desserts,
b. our sauces, soups & stocks,
c. we serve a proprietary, super green, super-food salad mix,
d. a super-grain, whole-wheat wrap
5. We are thankful. We are thankful for access to such nourishing foods. And, we appreciate having an abundance of guests to serve.
Visit FLOWER CHILD and let us know what you think by leaving a comment here on Live It Up AZ or on our Facebook page 🙂